Does this look familiar?
When you hear the word ‘basement’ what comes to mind? Some dark, creepy lower level in the house that everyone is afraid to venture into? A place that is shadowy and cold where all the holiday decorations are kept?Is it about time that the neglected part of your home actually became part of your home again? This is where Friga Construction comes in.
There are many precautions to take before you get started your basement remodeling. However, once you hire Friga, there will be no need for you to worry about anything.
Did you know;
- Building codes require that basement bedrooms have an emergency exit that leads directly outside, either through a door or a window?
- Before any kind of finished work begins on a basement remodeling, make sure there won’t be any water issues that could cause damage. The exterior walls should be inspected for moisture problems. Make sure the ground is sloped away from the foundation walls. Also, check the downspouts, if they’re clogged, it could be create a lot of moisture and bring it into the basement.
- Once you have a design plan and checked for moisture, the next thing that should be done is find out whether a permit for the proposed renovation is needed. Also, make sure that everything pertaining to electrical work is done to code.
- Many codes call for 7 to 7½ feet of clearance for ceilings. If that height is available, the concrete floor may have to be dug out and lowered, but it’s a complex job. Moving ducts and pipes might solve the problem; we will be able to tell you
- A plumber should install a back flow-prevention valve on your main drain line to prevent backups into below-grade sinks or tubs. Friga Construction has a great plumber that knows how to do the right work
Friga Construction can help with your basement remodeling ideas. We will make sure that everything is finished to code and completed the correct way the first time. Contact us when you want to make that gloomy space downstairs into the new favorite place for the family to hang out. 417-887-7134